Do you find that it’s easy to drive in icy conditions? Is it safe?
It must be, because our blessed governor has decided thusly.
No state of emergency here. Why? I mean, maybe there haven’t been enough accidents this morning to justify it. I guess 3 in the span of 10 minutes isn’t good enough. What about the 1″ of ice that has taken up residence on the outside of my car. My windows too, for that matter. And the roads. They’re a solid sheet of ice too. Is this not justification enough?
I stayed home from work today for a couple of reasons:
1. I am choosing to boycott all establishments that decided to open their doors this morning, therefore requiring people to work. To risk their lives. For a job.
2. My last day is Friday anyway.
3. My car got the worst crash test rating of every vehicle on the market.
4. Maybe this will somehow negatively affect how much money is in the governor’s paycheck this month.
5. I hope it does. She’s stupid.
6. I stayed up late watching Dirt, and was tired this morning.
On a different note, I got my hair done again last night. I got some caramel and light blonde highlights over an almost-black background. I really like it.
If I looked halfway decent I would post pictures, but alas, I am still in my pajamas.
I hope those of you who were nailed with the same weather conditions as I, stuck it to “the man” and stayed home too.
If so, enjoy your snow-day. If not, you suck.